Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bend It Like Beckham

Friday... 1900 hours... Elmsleigh Rd... missionaries... investigators... young adults... put these together and you get Friday Night SOCCER!! Last week was another great example of why I keep coming back to social soccer each week. Although I am not the greatest soccer player (you're shocked, I know) I do like to play a little and I have fun fine-tuning my (lack of) defensive skills, though I probably haven't quite got the whole goalie thing happening yet... So after pulling some pretty funky moves that did very little to stop the opponent scoring goals, I decided to get up the front there and try some attacking, which was pretty interesting since I have very little control over the direction of the ball once I've kicked it. HOWEVER! I decided to just try it anyway and would you believe it, I kicked not one, but two very awesome goals! (And I'm not afraid to boast). Yes, I can name several eye-witnesses if needed. It's a great feeling knowing you've achieved something (like 2 goals!!), it's also a great feeling driving away to The Final Countdown playing loudly on your ipod! But the point of all this is: even if you think you can't play soccer, or you've never really played before, that shouldn't stop you from coming along to Friday Night Soccer! Get out there, give it a go, and you never know what might happen! You might even enjoy yourself - I know I have. So that's every Friday, 7pm @Stake Centre.

No comments: